Pioneer Skatepark is a fine example of a 20,000 SF landscaped plaza style design with a separate bowl. The design intent for this project was to create a park that was 70% streetscape with the remaining 30% dedicated to a bowl with a capsule. The flow bowl includes a 16’ tall sky lit capsule that was pre-cast in the field, then lifted with a crane and set in place. The result is a perfectly smooth seamless finish with no flaws or imperfections. The park includes a large amount of internal green space which helps to integrate into the surrounding environment making it feel more like a park you can skate not a skatepark. Park amenities include internal and external landscaping, 2 shade structures, lights, a drinking fountain and restrooms.